“I’m a team of one so I can’t take bigger clients.”
“I don’t have enough experience to start my own event planning business.”
“I’m not creative enough to be an event planner.”
“I can’t do it on my own”
Get Started In Event Planning
Do these thoughts ever run through your head when you’ve thought about how to get started in event planning or about your own event planning business?
It’s OK to be honest with yourself. You’re not alone.
On today’s episode of EventPlanning BlueprintTV, I’m talking to long-time event planner, Elisa Delgardio. Elisa has been in business since 1997 and for the majority of her career she’s been on her own. Otherwise, she had a small team to assist her.
How’d she do it on her own?
Watch as Elisa talks about:
- Where creativity comes from – Elisa’s a “think outside the box” kinda planner (0:49)
- How collaborating and working with other event professionals can give you tremendous insight into event planning (2:12)
- How to surround yourself with high quality people (8:06)
- Why Google can cause problems for you as an event planner (9:56)
- The benefits of choosing the right event planning accreditation (14:46)
I want to hear from you
In the comment box below, please share two things with us:
- What tips do you have on how to get started in event planning?
- Below is a ‘Get Into Action’ task – please share your results with us. The experience you’ll receive will be invaluable!
In the next 24hrs, find 5-10 event planning businesses, organizations or professional associations in your area. Make a list of the events they have coming up in the next 3-6 months and contact them to see if you can volunteer with them.
As always, thank you so much for reading, watching and sharing your knowledge!
P.S. If you found this post useful, please share it and spread the love!