Can you believe it’s the end of January already?
I’m on my way to Australia today and am looking forward to the summer heat and feeling the sand under my feet once again.
Event Planning Technology Trends
I’m feeling so grateful that I’m able to spend winters in far away places that don’t require down jackets, scarves, hats and gloves! But, it wouldn’t be possible without technology and the ability to run my event planning business from anywhere in the world.
In today’s episode of EventPlanning BlueprintTV, special guest and award winning event planner, Liz King is joining us to talk about event planning technology trends. Named among “The 25 Most Influential People in the Events Industry”, Liz King is not only recognized by her event planning peers, but she’s also a technology guru in the industry.She Started Her Business on Twitter!
Starting her business on Twitter when she was at Columbia University, she’s passionate about incorporating technology, events and education.
If you’ve ever wondered what the key to success in the event planning industry is – today’s episode is for you.
You’ll learn 6 easy ways to:
- Incorporate event planning technology trends into your events (1:33)
- Use technology to change the way you plan your events (2:06)
- Show your clients the distinct tie on the return on investment (ROI) and your expertise (3:09)
- Manage multiple clients at once (3:36)
- Create your client anatomy (5:04)
- Charge for your event planning services (9:34)
Liz has been running her business successfully since 2010, but she has a few suggestions and changes she’d make if she were to start all over again:
- Don’t start slow. Know your business, your clients and own who you are.
- The day she took it seriously, it all changed.
- Know who you are and provide value.
- Believe in who you are!
In the comments below, I’d love to hear from you. Do you stay on top of event planning technology trends? Which of Liz’s strategies resonated the most with you and why? As always, thank you so much for sharing. You’re amazing and I am so excited that our event planning community is growing so quickly. Happy Planning,
P.S. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked for advice on how to charge for event planning services. I bet someone you know could use this information, too. If that’s the case — be sure to share this post and help them out with Liz’s charging tip!