You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Maybe you even have a client or two.
But you want more.
There’s just one thing left – making your career as an event planner official “on paper.”
But what are the top event planning courses for planners?
The level of education you pursue will depend on if you plan on starting your own business or if you’re interested in working for an event planning company and need your event certification.
In reality, you don’t actually need a formal education, accreditations, or affiliations to launch your own event planning business or to even get a job at an event planning company.
At least not technically.
But it will be much harder to get hired…
And it will drastically reduce the number of clients you land…
Not to mention the fact that you won’t know the tips & tricks, ins and outs, and trade secrets that come along with formal education. That could lead to a very frustrating and unsuccessful career.
So, if you want to secure a job, get more gigs, and have a successful career, taking an event planning course might be the right path for you.
And with a projected growth of over 7% in the next 10 years (According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics) investing in your event planning career will practically pay for itself.
Top 5 Event Planning Courses for Planners
- Event Planning Blueprint
Whether you are an experienced event planner looking to take it to the next level, or a beginner wanting to get your event certification, Event Planning Blueprint has the courses for you.
The Event Planners’ Hub – By the end of this course, you’ll confidently know how to charge for your services, how to work with paying clients, and understand how to plan and manage events professionally from start to finish. You’ll also learn marketing basics and get your event certification.
Event Business Builders – in this course you’ll accelerate your business goals, get your event planning business started, and learn how to start and operate your own event planning business.
Both courses come with
- Ongoing support
- Practical training
- Real-world exercises
- 1-on-1 feedback
- On-demand, video lessons
- Assignments and quizzes
- Professional Certification
- Weekly Q&A calls
- Work at your own pace
6 -12 weeks.
#2 – QC Event School
With over 10 event planning courses to choose from, QC Events School can meet your specific needs.
- 1-on-1 feedback
- Practical training
- Real-world exercises
- Lifetime access
- Professional certification
- Professional payment options
- Digital texts
- Video Lessons
- Support specialists by phone, live chat and email
- A personal tutor who will grade assignments and provide feedback
- International Event & Wedding Planning Professional
- International Event Planning Professional
- International Floral Design Professional
- International Corporate Event Planning Professional
- Promotional Event Planning Professional
- International Wedding Planning Professional
- International Event Decorating Professional
- Luxury Wedding & Event Planning Specialization
- Destination Wedding Planning Specialization
- Festivals & Live Events Workshop
- Accelerate Your Business Workshop
#3 – Socio Academy
Looking to upgrade your skills and maybe get a pay bump?
Socio is an event technology company that helps organizations of every size take their events to the next level. It has turned that expertise into courses to enhance event planners’ knowledge base and skill set through the introduction of Socio Academy.
- Online courses you can take at your own pace
- A Socio Certification that’s sharable on LinkedIn
- Access to on-demand versions of Socio webinars
- Track and Measure Event Success
- The New Playbook for In-Person Events: Enhancing the Experience While Managing the Risk
- The Fun Starts Here: How to amaze, delight, and engage your event attendees!
- When Virtual meets In-Person: How to run a successful Hybrid Event
- Event Revenue and Sponsorship ROI
- Raising the Bar on Virtual Events
- Negotiating with Vendors
- Bringing the Magic of In-Person Events to Virtual
- Showcasing Sponsors in a Virtual Event
- On-Demand Webinar: Virtual Event Engagement
- On-Demand Webinar: Plan for Hybrid
- On-Demand Webinar: Virtual Event Strategy
- On-Demand Webinar: Virtual Speakers
20- 60 minutes per course
#4 – Trebas
If you want to attend in-person classes and earn your diploma in Event and Venue Management, Trebas is for you.
This program focuses on:
- event planning,
- contract negotiations, and
- advertising and venue operations management.
The term focuses on business and design. You’ll develop the business and managerial skills needed to thrive. You’ll also be introduced to the creative side of event management and promotions.
- Computer Basics
- Event Graphic Design
- Event Industry Software
- Multimedia Stage Production
- Theatrical Staging and Design
- Event Planning Contracts
- Finance and Budgeting
- Risk Management
The term focuses on event management and will take you through all the steps of planning and running events, reinforced with a firm grounding in theory, interactive group work and field trips.
- Event Planning
- Exhibit Marketing
- Tour Management
- Facility Management
In this term, you will consider communications and marketing. This term allows you to learn how to make sure your events are a well-attended success. From public speaking to advertising, this module gives you the polish to put your best face forward on behalf of your event.
- Event Marketing
- Corporate Presentations
The program finishes with an internship and a final project. The internship will allow you to apply your skills to work as an event and venue management intern in a relevant work placement. This will help you to build your experience and work hands-on with real projects.
- Industry Internship
- Corporate Presentation Portfolio
- 960 hours
- 12 months (48 weeks)
- 4 terms
- Daytime classes
#5 – LinkedIn Training
Tight for time but still want to upgrade your skill set?
Another great option is taking a course through LinkedIn, like Event Planning Foundations.
Not only are these courses informative and up-to-date, but you can highlight your success on your page with a Shareable Certificate.
- 2 project files
- 7 chapter quizzes
- Access on tablet and phone
- Certificate of completion
- Continuing Education Units available
This course gives you tips, tricks, and techniques to make you a successful event planner. It covers topics like:
- understanding your client’s objectives,
- selecting a venue,
- getting the right technology in place,
- negotiating a budget, and
- building menus.
It even teaches you how to manage the thousands of details that occur in the two weeks leading to an event and follow up afterwards to ensure your clients and your vendors are satisfied.
Less than an hour.
Knowing the top event planning courses for planners is only half the battle. The other half is, of course, enrolling!
Have you taken an event planning course? What do you look for when considering the program? Let me know in the comments below.