Are you intimidated at the thought of having an event-planning meeting with a prospective client?
The first client appointment is always the scariest. Fears that you’ll have nothing to say, or that you won’t know where to start, creep up on all of us when we’re just beginning in event planning.
Or perhaps you’ve been planning events for a while but you’re worried that you’re “not doing it right?”
Not sure what to bring or the process to follow during an event planning meeting with a client?
Event Planning Meeting Basics
You have to cover all the basics from reviewing the content of the meeting to accommodating the attendees. Consider the following list for a successful meeting with your client:
- Make sure the event objectives are clear and concise.
- Choose the right meeting location — one with the right size and shape of meeting room, number of seats, audiovisual and refreshments, if necessary.
- Invite only the people who need to attend the meeting.
- Gather exact contact information for everyone involved in the event.
- Stick to the set meeting agenda.
- Evaluate the meeting or event after it’s over.
The basic agenda of your event-planning meeting should include:
- Event objective
- Site selection
- Hotel accommodations
- Travel arrangements
- Food and beverage
- Speakers and entertainment
- Audiovisual equipment needed
- Recreational activities
- Gifts and awards
Go to your next event-planning meeting with a client with confidence! I’d love to hear from you. How do you prepare for a successful event planning meeting with your client? Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below.