In our event planning courses we often talk about how to differentiate yourself from other event planners and the idea of writing a tagline for your event website is a topic of conversation.
Creating the perfect tagline like Nike’s ‘Just Do It!’ or L’Oreal’s ‘Because You’re Worth It’ is something many event planners wrestle with.
The truth is, you don’t need one but it helps describe your event services and it helps others describe you too.
We can often sit for hours trying to come up with the best business name and the best tagline for our event marketing, but ideas often show up when we least expect them. Like when we’re singing in the shower or daydreaming as we sit in traffic.
The problem with taglines – we often try to get too creative or say too much and the message gets lost altogether.
6 Tips To Write a Tagline For Your Event Website
If you want to write a tagline for your event business, here are 6 tips to help you communicate your purpose and differentiate yourself from other event planners.
- Short and sweet is best – the tagline that you’re going to use in your event marketing, should be short and simple.
- Describe who you are – the goal of your tagline isn’t to be creative; it’s to describe who you are and what you do best. How do you make your client’s lives or jobs easier, for example?
- Be clear – painting a picture of your event services is all about communication and proper branding so be clear – not clever. L’Oreal’s tagline stands for beauty and female empowerment and it’s used throughout their product lines, it’s philanthropic endeavors and it celebrates women.
- Be you – Your personality sells your event services and so should your tagline. By capturing your personality, your clients identify with you and your brand – and if they don’t, then they may not be the event client for you.
- Identify your advantage – knowing your advantage allows you to charge premium prices and differentiates you from your competition. Ask yourself: What benefit do I want my client to gain? How do my event services make my client’s life better? How is my business better than my competitors? Note: when answering the last question – think beyond price!
- Don’t be vague – speak directly to the benefit(s) of working with you. By being specific, you set yourself a part from your competition.
Writing a tagline for your event business may not be at the top of your list but taglines build value and can be a memorable part of your marketing strategy.
It’s the glue that holds your brand together.
I’d love to hear from you.
In the comments below, share your tagline OR your favorite tagline from another business .
Remember, we love hearing from our community of event planners, but links to outside posts and videos are seen as SPAM and are deleted.
Have an amazing day!