(Video) Are you wasting time on the wrong event planning client?
Are you wasting valuable time and energy on the wrong event planning client?
There’s no doubt that turning business away or saying no to any client can be scary. Especially when you’re just getting started or business is slow.
It’s at times like this that we feel desperate and that pit in the bottom of our stomach (you know the one I’m talking about!) causes us to react and take whatever business and whichever client comes along next.
But, are you working with the wrong event planning client and struggling to find the people you want to work with? Do you know WHO they actually are and what they look like, what they like – or dislike – and how you can help solve their problems?
If you’re serious about building a successful event planning business, a business that has your events calendar booked for months or years to come, then today’s video is for you.
In this video, I’ll share 6 steps to discover who your perfect event planning client is and why it’s necessary to ask yourself the tough questions.
Open up a new word.doc because you’re gonna want to take notes.
Let’s get started…
Here’s a little more information to help you:
6 Steps To Your Ideal Event Planning Client
- Who is it that you want to connect with? Imagine that they’re standing in front of you, what do they look like?
- Who do you actually want to spend time with, as well as connecting with? What do they look like?
- Now it’s time to write down the demographics of your perfect client, and this is the starting point of your ideal event planning client anatomy. What’s their age group, and are they male or female? Where do they live, and do they travel often? What job do they do, and what education have they had?
- Now focus on their hobbies and interests. What music do they listen to, what TV programs do they watch and what movies do they like? Who do they follow on Facebook and Twitter? What are their passions, and what are the things that are most important to them in life?
- Focusing on their professional life, what are their biggest frustrations and challenges? Do they have too little time, or do they struggle to find the resources to help them achieve their goals?
- How can you offer the solutions to their problems? What is the trigger that’s going to make them realize that your business is the key to solving their situation?
It’s essential to remember that not all potential clients are your perfect client nor are they the right fit for you – or you them.
The faster you get over wanting everyone to like you and the more focused you are on building a relationship with your perfect client, the more successful and happier you will be.
Now, I’d love to hear from you. Which of these 6 steps helped you the most and which was the hardest to answer and why?
Leave a comment below and let us know.
As always, thanks so much for your comments, for sharing these posts and videos, and for joining me each week.
Have a fantastic week.
P.S. Watch your inbox next week for how to get your event planning career started with little experience.